Explore My Imagination - If you can't find anything, you're blinded by reality.

Heaven's Elevator Music

Monday, December 21, 2009

Won't Do


For me, no...
One won't do it, two is not enough for me,no
One won't do, two is not enough for me, no
One won't do it, two is not enough for me, no
One won't do...

Now this here is my official tribute,
All Dilla, fuck the skrilla, man I contribute,
Pay my dues, you never know just what you could lose,
Any and all that means the most to you,
Well I got new news, I sit here and write about my blues,
Problems and stress got me confused,
So I burn out the blunt just like a fuse,
Listen to my rhymes - the 1's & the 2's,
I drop several clues,
Maybe you will finally comprehend & decipher all of my views,
Step out of reality, sort the false & the trues,
Tears flow about what I don't like - the "boo-hoo's",
Flew through school, still don't know the why's & who's,
Never lose,
What you have or you'll be long gone like the ave.
I spazz - out,
Sometimes my days are black, opposite of a cloud,
I scream loud,
But nobody hears or wants to,
Try to have patience & see what my life comes to,
I run through my days struck in amaze,
Stuck in a phase, try to stack my chips up like Lays,
Just in case,
I walk right in the light at a steady pace,
Awaiting my time to blow up, I got my "ready face",
Put the cards up, show ya bluff, I got an ace,
I keep my thoughts untangled like shoes unlaced,
Placed on this earth, in the middle of this search,
I sit on the ground tryna understand my worth,
I wonder if this is all worth - it?
New thoughts, new ideas, so I birth - it,
Hate to go to this job but I work - it,
I'll make a beat sound complete so I hurt - it,
Per - fect,
Is my flow when you hear it,
But I give you pieces of my art so I leak it,
Speak it,
The realness of my poetry, that is,
But I lay still on the ground like a doormat is,
Format this,
Take what you hear & do what you please,
Come face to face with your fears & put them at ease...

For me, no...
One won't do it, two is not enough for me,no
One won't do, two is not enough for me, no
One won't do it, two is not enough for me, no
One won't do...

I love H.E.R.
Just as Common said,
Dilla was a genius and left his work in this world.
Hopefully this sound will be reborn and receive the appreciation it so deserves.

R.I.B. J Dilla aka Jay Dee
(Rest In Beats)

No comments:

Post a Comment