Explore My Imagination - If you can't find anything, you're blinded by reality.

Heaven's Elevator Music

Monday, November 9, 2009

Real Talk

Despite the fact that I might,
Conform to being them so we can be alike,
I must never let 'em in but instead break myself out,
'Cause if I let 'em win I can see all for what I stand for heading South.

Be yourself, do you, you on a mission - is what my father tell me.
Should I listen, do me, let the tension stiffen, or possibly
See what Joshua James Stowers is missin'?

Is it the drugs, the alcohol, or the cigs that got these dudes trippin'?
Or is it somebody telling them to go further in life that got these dudes tippin' - over
Like the game has ended,
I rest my case as the young man forever called different,
But still a nigga still never offended.

Did I forget to mention that I am above you,
Something like a cloud do;
And now I'm laughing at you all from afar like a clown do.
I would say that I miss all my haters but I am constantly surrounded by you,
And hassled by you,
But I still stand strong,
And the only thing missing is the chick on my arm...

Yep, listen - you only cool if you Bloodin' or you Crippin',
Forget the maturity or even the purity - I gotta be dirty
Just for a girl to even notice me,
I'm not trying to act no fool,
But now she don't like me cause I ain't yell out "Soo Woop"

This shows the stupidity, the ignorance, the immaturity;
You say you know me but you really never heard of me.
Pressured by society to do well,
Because my kind is ignorant and we're meant to fail...

Extra, Extra - Did you read all about it?
This young man is one not to be doubted.
Never ever slip & fall get lost in the swirl,
Because now I can say there's one less Black Man not doing shit in this world...

No comments:

Post a Comment